Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Hi There :)

Detail from
Wilhelm Hammershoi's
Girl at a Clavier  
 
   Hi there, it's Amber. Welcome to our blog. The idea for this came up when we were practicing piano this afternoon. We got the name; Girl at a Clavier from Wilhelm Hammershoi's oil painting.  Earlier today Mom told us that she's going to start requiring us to do songs once a month or so. Her first assignment is "Amazing Grace".

  Today we started out with the melody of the voices; Ash  the mezzo and me the soprano voice. This is only the second song we've arranged together, the first being "Wandering Child" from The Phantom of the Opera. I try to post a video of us performing that, as soon as we get this whole blog figured out :)
  I'll also do a guitar version of  "Amazing Grace", hopefully with plucking... Video of that too...

  I'm trying to regularly practice piano now. I'm working on Bach's "Minuet in G" which I performed at a recital a long time ago ^_^ I also have to start practicing guitar regularly. There was a time I used to practice everyday, but now...

  I'll work on getting back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment